A couple of points I wanted to add:
1. Formercatholic.com is partially a misnomer and I ask that you do not allow it to scare you off if you are a practicing Catholic. I am still a registered member of my own parish although I no longer practice. I left the church at an older age (mid-30s) so it was hard and I absolutely respect anyone’s decision to have stayed in the church. I promise you’ll not receive disrespectful feedback for remaining Catholic.
3. If you want to Follow the site, you can simply create a separate gmail address that is not tied to your google account, and use that to Follow. Although I removed the Follow page element temporarily, I realized people could not follow if they were unable to access this feature. However, you can still follow the site anonymously.
4. If you write a guest post or make a comment, you will not have to worry about receiving any mean-spirited feedback. All comments are moderated by me, and I will not allow any disrespectful ones to be posted from anyone who would condemn or be negative. Differing points of view can be conferred civilly and friendly. So, if a nasty comment comes in that would be hurtful, know that I will take the hit :) and simply delete it.
5. If you have any concerns, feel free to email me.
6. I understand the courage it takes to comment on a website. But, if you are a reader, I'm convinced you have something valuable to share, and can add something great to this little community. I would love to give a voice to anyone willing to contribute.